this vacancy has been filled
International Freight Forwarder – Roosendaal
Who are we?
Jan de Rijk Logistics is a logistics service provider active in the field of international transport, warehouse services, Benelux distribution and supply chain solutions. Jan de Rijk Logistics is active in the field of airfreight, automotive, healthcare, retail and high-tech.
With 27 offices in 13 countries and more than 1.300 employees in Europe, this family business offers not only challenging and varied tasks, but also modern workplaces in a familiar environment with motivated teams. Despite its size, the lines are short, the doors are always open and there is an informal working atmosphere.
For our Forwarding Department (part of international planning) at our location in Roosendaal, the Netherlands, we are looking for a proactive and positive person who wants to work as a freight forwarder. You take care of the transport for our customers. With your commitment and experience you will strengthen our department.
Every day you are busy to provide the customer with excellent service and you go about your work problem-solving. You are active with a diversity of shipments throughout Europe.
Other tasks in your role are:
- Purchase charters for shipments throughout Europe;
- Actively participate in projects within the business unit International Transport;
- Ensure that customer agreements are met;
- Requesting and negotiating the right rates for proper procurement of transport capacity.
The location for this position is at our main location in Roosendaal.
Who are you?
We are always looking for people who want to make a difference and add value to our organisation. The qualities we value are: commitment, responsibility, collegiality, ownership. We also consider the following points to be important for the position:
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience as a forwarding agent / freight forwarder or planner;
- Good command of the Dutch and English languages;
- An enthusiastic, proactive and positive mentality;
- You are a responsible, customer-oriented and independently working team player with well-developed communication and commercial skills;
- You have experience with automated systems;
- You think in terms of solutions and possibilities;
- You are stress resistant, entrepreneurial and eager to learn.
- A job in a dynamic team;
- Day shifts from Monday to Friday;
- The prospect of permanent employment if you perform well;
- A dynamic work environment with colleagues and relations throughout Europe;
- Training and development opportunities on both a professional and personal level;
- No two days are the same and this ensures a lot of variety in your work;
- An excellent remuneration package in line with the market (CAO Beroepsgoederenvervoer).
Send your motivation and CV to: email@example.com
Part of the hiring process is an extensive background screening.